This PDF download is for a Small Leather Tool Pouch Template. Minimal Design to hold a handful of tools for small jobs or handyman work around the house!
If you are interested in this pattern, you can check out the Small Leather Tool Pouch Template product page.
Main Body: 7″ Wide by 6.75″ Tall
Front Pocket: 6.75″ Wide by 4.5″ Tall
Belt Loop: 2.5″ Wide by 2″ Tall (Can tightly fit 2″ belt but you can also add extra length if you need more).
Whole Pouch: 7″ Widest at top by 8.75″ Tall
Tips for making the tool pouch
- When making the belt loop, leave extra room above the template area if you want extra space for a larger belt. The template allows for a 2″ belt to go through the pouch, but if you need an extra 0.5″ add 1″ to the template!
- When stitching the front pocket onto the main body, stitch the middle first. Then glue onside of the pockets down to create an opening for tools using the placement lines. Stitch around one side and the bottom then glue the other side of the pocket on. This way you can avoid having one of the pockets popping off of the glue when stitching together the pouch.
- 6-7oz Veg-Tanned Leather (Anywhere around 5-7oz will work well with this template)
This leather is the best quality and great for carving, tooling, stamping, dying and embossing applications. Also it would be perfect for masks and wet molding can be soaked and molded, dries to shape.
Made of white steel, is a durable and useful leather craft tool.100% white steel material, non-inferior stainless steel. Each product's surfaces are coated with a rust preventive oil before shipping.
Our premiere Tokonole burnishing gum, this product far surpasses Tragacanth for your leathercraft needs. Odorless, irritant-free and easy to apply this gum will give excellent results every time.
- 200 & 300 Grit Sandpaper
- Dremel Burnishers
Your lightweight, versatile craft tool, the Dremel Stylo+ has the perfect combination of small size, quiet operation and comfortable feel in order to give you maximum control for precise and light-duty craft and hobby tasks. Designed to be held between the thumb and forefinger like a pencil, the Dremel Stylo+ allows a grip that is close to the workpiece for superior maneuverability and control.
- 2 – John James Stitching Needles (#18 or 1/0)
These needles are highly recommended by many leather workers and are arguably the best needles because of their high quality and durability. These needles rarely break at the eyelets when under stress, unlike many others.
Precision and durable leather working compass/divider, also used in wood work, metal work and other drawing work. Perfect for drawing arcs, circles, divide gauges, dividing line, line segments, size measurement, etc.
- Copper Plated Tubular Rivets – 5/16″
Made from steel, these rivets are designed to last when set properly with the Craftool Tubular Rivet Peening Tool.
Constructed from hardened tool steel. Used to set 5/16" and 7/16" tubular rivets.
If you are new to leather crafting check out some of these articles to get you started working with leather.